Friday, June 08, 2018

34th Anniversary and counting ...


By Josimar Salum
In 1982 I met Cristina in a small church in the  Montanhês Garden neighborhood in Belo Horizonte city, in the same neighborhood, on the same street, where I walked when I was 9 years old.
That Thursday night, at the invitation of my uncle Joaquim Salum, I preached: "Love is patient, it is kind; love is not envious; love does not treat lightly, it is not arrogant, it does not behave with indecency, it does not seek its interests, it does not irritate itself, it does not suspect evil; he rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; all things suffer, believe all things, hope all things, endure all things. Love Never Ends "1 Corinthians 13: 4-8.
Two years later, June 8, 1984, we got married. It is now 34 years of marriage experiencing and living the message of that day. I did not know that night that the young lady in front of me whom I always looked at while ministering, would be the woman of my life. Her face met the Word I proclaimed. That night, with the Bible opened in the Chapter of Love, God sealed in time what He had already determined in eternity.
God feeds romances; rejoices with the Love of a man and a woman. He prepares moments like our eternal instant. The perfumed oil of that moment still drips on us today! The years passed, our Love remains. One day, a long time ago, I well know. It always returns, in the heart that never forgets, between the facts, the events, good and bad, of many years gone, that night, that moment, that moment is forever!

Josimar Salum Gouvea
Married forever!
8/6/2018




No comments: