Friday, April 10, 2020

Bartholomew's Letter Josimar Salum


Bartholomew's Letter
Josimar Salum

 "Dear mother;

 I've been following Jesus for all these years, it's been about 3 years today.

 I watched Jesus doing good everywhere we went since when He called me to walk with Him.

 We passed through the cities of hills, valleys, all Judea, around the Mediterranean Sea and even Samaria.  I crossed the Sea of ​​Galilee with Him.  I heard the most extraordinary words that anyone could hear in this life.

 I saw Jesus cleanse lepers, heal the sick, cast out demons, embrace boys and girls, there are so many miracles, so many healings, I have never seen so much love in this life.  What He taught, His word is like honey on my lips .... But now I don't understand anything, I am no longer supporting this anguish, my Jesus just died.

 We came to Jerusalem, He was received so well, on the streets, how can I understand?  It hasn't been nearly three days ...

 Just now, before the sun went down, I saw Him being crucified on that cross outside the walls of Jerusalem.

 My eyes could not contemplate such desolation.  His face turned into a single puff, blood everywhere.  His whole body was a huge pool of blood and His body hung by nails between heaven and earth was gradually dying until He gave Himself to the Father. I can't take it anymore.  I'm scared.

 None of us have been arrested, none of us have been punished, none of us have been consulted as a witness to the accusations that have been unfairly brought against Him. In less than 24 hours they arrested Him, tried Him and killed Him.

  And I am in deep sadness.  I'm like I can't stand it ...

 I don't know what I'm going to do with my life.  Go back to my city?  Return to my home?  I think we're going to meet Pedro and the others tonight.  In fact, we will be hiding, ‘cause we are all afraid ...

 Today my best Friend, my God, my Savior and my Lord died.

 There is no one or other person who has interceded for me like Jesus, who has done what He has done for me.  There was no one who could help me.  He is my best friend.  And died!

 It's been about two hours since Jesus died.  Excuse me, but I can't continue now ... See you soon! ”

 Bartolomeu, one of the 11 disciples.

 “Because Christ, while we were still weak, died in due time for the wicked.  Because only someone will die for the just;  for it may be that for the good one dares to die.  But God proves His love for us in that Christ died for us, while we are still sinners. ”  Romans 5: 6-8

 #ASONE

No comments: