Thursday, June 20, 2024

WHAT DO YOU PREACH?



WHAT DO YOU PREACH?

Josimar Salum


   The Lord is showing me the importance of saying what He is saying. A long-time friend wrote to me in the last morning of 2023.

   Truly preaching the Word of God means exactly that. Say what He is saying. 

   That's why a long time ago I said many times to my friends Paul Taylor and Bill Biconson when we were traveling together: I have a Bible verse for this or that. 

   Anything they use to say I had a verse about it. I mean, everything. They would say something and ask: Do you have a Bible verse for this? I said: Yes, I do and I would recite a Bible verse!

   And Bill Niconson was mad about it. And he didn't understand me. 

   Many would say: “You are uncompromising, radical, insufferable!” 

   Although I closed a lot of doors by doing this, and by preaching the Word without compromise I think it was worth it, because you raise up a generation of true prophets from those who hear you. 

   You should not preach what you believe, you should preach what the Bible says.

   The main reason people turned away and became very angry with the prophets Elijah and John is that they were unbearable to listen to and to be with.

   “Although John never performed a sign, everything John said about Jesus was true.” And in that place many believed in Jesus.” John 10:41-42 NIV

   “To this John replied: “A person can only receive what is given to him from heaven. For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives him the Spirit without masure.” John 3:27, 34 NIV

   #ASONE

No comments: